My sister called me and said "I just made a Fried Pickle Chaffle and you would love it." First, my reaction was what in the world is a Chaffle? When I googled it, so I looked like I knew, it said it was a low carb waffle. My next reaction was why would you put a pickle in a waffle. This is when she explained!
Chaffles are the new low carb, some keto friendly, recipe fad! She was looking for some new selections in her life style change and found the chaffle. Honestly, I was not convinced I would like them at all. BUT, I tried the fried pickle chaffle and was pleasantly surprised! She used cheddar, pickles and garlic salt for her chaffle but I love pepper jack cheese and pickles so I wanted to try that!
My sister convinced me, it was not hard, that I needed a mini waffle maker! So, I found this cute little waffle maker on amazon! Now did I need it? No! Did I want it? Yes! Now I love using it! I have been making waffles and all kinds of things with it! So much easier than dragging out my huge waffle maker. The kids have even used it!
Fried Pickle Chaffle
- 8 small Hamburger Pickle Chips (you can reduce the amount and use large pickle chips)
- ⅓ c Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- Coat each side of waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Add half of your cheese to the bottom plate. (BTW I can't lie, I may have used more cheese than it calls for!)
- Place pickles on top of the cheese.
- Place leftover cheese on top.
- Close waffle maker and let it sit for 3 minutes! I know it is tempting to check it but give it at least 2-3 minutes before you do.
- Just out of personal preference I topped them with LF Kroger Southwest Ranch.
- Time to enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! The kids even made their own, which is a win for all of us! Even though recipes like this are usually a fad, this is one that will stick around our house!
CHECK OUT THESE KETO DIET SIDE DISH RECIPES:
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.