Fried Pickles are an easy appetizer to make and it does seem that a lot of people love them. Who doesn't love enjoying them during game day?
To help save time I prep my pickles ahead of time by coating in the batter and placing on a baking sheet, making sure for them not to touch. Then I place the pickles in the freezer until I am ready to fry them. If you have never given this shortcut method a try you are missing out.
Be sure to check out our Tailgating Recipes Roundup that has an abundance of recipes great for watching football! I often think of fried pickles as something I can only get when I am eating out. That is why I thought why not make these for our next game day! I am so glad I did because my family went wild for them. They are truly the perfect party food.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper - to taste
- 1 16 oz. jar dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 bottle buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping
- Cover a plate with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk, salt, and pepper.
- Place pickles in mixture and set aside.
- Pour the flour, cornmeal, seafood seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into a large, resealable plastic bag; shake to mix well.
- Add pickles a few at a time and tumble gently to coat evenly with the flour mixture.
- Remove and place on prepared plate.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in deep-fryer or heavy deep skillet.
- Fry pickles in several batches until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside with a moist interior, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk ranch dressing with 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning; blend. Serve as a dipping sauce for warm pickles.
Football Cheese Ball (Most Requested for the Game!)
Warm Bean Dip (Only 5 Ingredients Needed)
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.