Who doesn’t love enjoying Fried Pickles during football season?!?!?! I know my family and I love some good homemade Fried Pickles on any occasion, but during football we love appetizers on Sundays. Fried Pickles are an easy appetizer to make and it does seem that a lot of people love them. To help save time I prep my pickles ahead of time by coating in the batter and placing on a baking sheet, making sure for them not to touch. Then I place the pickles in the freezer until I am ready to fry them. If you have never given this shortcut method a try you are missing out.
Be sure to check out our Tailgating Recipes Roundup that has an abundance of recipes great for watching football! I often think of fried pickles as something I can only get when I am eating out. That is why I thought why not make these for our next game day! I am so glad I did because my family went wild for them. They are truly the perfect party food.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz jar dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping
- Cover a plate with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk, salt, and pepper.
- Place pickles in mixture and set aside.
- Pour the flour, cornmeal, seafood seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into a large, resealable plastic bag; shake to mix well.
- Add pickles a few at a time and tumble gently to coat evenly with the flour mixture.
- Remove and place on prepared plate.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in deep-fryer or heavy deep skillet.
- Fry pickles in several batches until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside with a moist interior, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk ranch dressing with 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning; blend. Serve as a dipping sauce for warm pickles.
Football Cheese Ball (Most Requested for the Game!)
Warm Bean Dip (Only 5 Ingredients Needed)
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.