This meal of Fried Porkchops and Gravy reminds me of my grandmother and how she use to cook this all the time when I was a little girl. She use to serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. I like to serve mine with Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potato and Green Beans Almondine then for dessert Creamy Banana Pudding.
It is truly southern comfort food for me! I hope you give this delicious recipe a try!
Fried Porkchops with Gravy
- 1 cup flour divided
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 whole pork chops
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- Reserve 2 tablespoons flour and set aside, place the remaining flour in a shallow dish.
- To the bowl mix together the Lawry's seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Rub the pork chops all over with the seasoning.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chops in buttermilk, then dredge in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet, then brown the chops over medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through; remove to a plate, cover loosley with foil to keep warm(do not drain the fat in the pan).
- Add in the reserved 2 tablespoon flour to the skillet, then stir/whisk in the milk and seasoned salt; whisk or stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Season with lots black pepper to your taste preference.
- Serve the gravy with the pork chops.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.