As you know I love to Garden! Gardening is a good way to provide fresh healthy vegetables for your family and it can save you money. Gardening provides a physical activity and a way to have fun with your family too! It is one of the most enjoyable activities that our family does together in the summer. You are able to know exactly what is used as far as pesticides and produce can be picked and eaten at peak of quality.
Here are some tips for starting a garden:
1. Plan your garden on paper before you plant.
2. Select a gardening site that is in full sun for at least 8 hours a day, that is level, well-drained and close to a water source.
3. For best results have your soil tested before planting. You can take your soil to a local Cooperative Extension office for free testing in most areas.
4. Read the package instructions and plant according to the directions.
5. Choose crops that grow well in your climate.
Do you have any gardening tips to share?
Other ideas you may like: