This Gluten Free Angel Food Cake is a delicious recipe which is low in fat. I love serving it with a variety of fresh fruit. Strawberries and blueberries are my personal favorite with fresh whipped cream. This is my favorite summer dessert. I always request this as my birthday dessert because it is so light and refreshing.
Be sure to enjoy this Gluten Free Angel Food Cake in the summer. That is my perfect time of the year with fresh berries or even make a fruit topping for the cake.
Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
- 1 Bundt Pan
- 1-½ cups egg whites (about 10)
- ¾ cup plus ½ cup sugar divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1-½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Assorted fresh fruit
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift ¾ cup sugar, cornstarch, flours and potato starch together twice; set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about ½ cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Top with fresh fruit if desired.
Gluten Free Recipes:
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.