I love this Gluten Free Cake Donut Recipe. If you have Celiac Disease one thing that you often miss is a good donut. Now with this recipe you can make up a batch for yourself for a breakfast treat.
My friend Mikaela made these Gluten Free Cake Donuts. I was ELATED when she messaged me and then later dropped a couple off on my front porch step. I haven't had a cake donut in 9 years. So when she offered I gladly accepted.
This recipe is easy to follow. I think often times you can get overwhelmed by making donuts as that is not something we make everyday. Her sister asked her to make this treat for her as she is gluten free too and this is one of the most missed items from her past.
Now you could easily turn these into a powered sugar donut too. Just toss the cooled donuts into powdered sugar and enjoy. However if you are like me an enjoy an iced donut then mix up the glaze and enjoy.
You can add sprinkles if you desire. Of course we love them so we have to add some. You could easily make these donuts to match any holiday theme by using holiday themed sprinkles. These gluten free cake donuts would be perfect for July 4th or Valentine's Day.
Gluten Free Cake Donuts
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour (we use Bob's Red Mill)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder (if desired)
- Mix dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. (minus glaze ingredients)
- Then combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Grease donut pan.
- Place batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients while cooling.
- Microwave glaze for 30 seconds.
- Individually dip the donuts in the glaze and add sprinkles if desired.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.