Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Asian Chicken is an easy Asian recipe that is packed with flavor. Better than take out and better for you too! You are simply going to fall in love with the flavor of this dish. I like to serve it with brown rice or quinoa.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Asian Chicken
- 3 Tbsp and 1 3/4 tsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp and 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp Tamari gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp organic gluten-free ketchup
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 3/4 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb skinless boneless organic chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/4 tsp gluten-free cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 stalk chopped green onions for garnish optional
- In a bowl, stir together warm water, brown sugar, orange juice, tamari, ketchup, white vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder, and orange peel until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is well combined.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet/wok over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken until outside is golden brown and inside is no longer pink; about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low; cover skillet. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cold water in a small bowl until smooth. Then, stir into sauce slowly, a few tsp at a time. Let chicken and sauce cook for about 2 minutes to thicken. Serve with a side of rice or quinoa (pictured above). Sprinkle green onion over top, if desired.
Recipe adapted from "Mama's Asian Chicken and Rice" recipe by Scarlett; found at www.allrecipes.com.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Garbanzo Beans and Spinach Recipe
Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie
Gluten Free Rosemary Shortbread
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free “Twinkies”
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken & Peppers
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Enchiladas
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Crockpot Frito Pie
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.