Gluten-Free, Casein-Free BBQ Sausage Dinner is an easy, spicy sausage crockpot dinner that’s perfect for a weeknight or for watching the big game! This is great served with quinoa or brown rice.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free BBQ Sausage Dinner
- 8 fresh sausage links
- 1 large onion sliced
- 18 oz. bottle of gluten-free bbq sauce
- 2 medium green bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium red bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 16 oz. can of chunk pineapple, drained
- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces and brown in a skillet.
- Layer sliced onion into crockpot; add the browned sausage and bbq sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Add the peppers and pineapple and stir to coat.
- Cook for another 3-4 hours on LOW.
- Serve hot with cooked rice or quinoa (pictured).
Adapted from "Sweet and Sour Bratwurst" recipe at SouthernFood.about.com.
Recipes You May Enjoy:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.