I am so excited to share with you this recipe for Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Enchiladas. Finally – enchiladas I can enjoy without severe stomach pain! When you eat gluten free and dairy free finding a recipe like this that no only you but the whole family will enjoy is tough. This recipe fits the bill. Best of all it is a one dish meal that everyone will enjoy!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Enchiladas
Finally - enchiladas I can enjoy without severe stomach pain!
- 2 cups Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 1 4- oz. can sliced green chiles
- 12 oz. jar of salsa verde
- 2 1/2 cups Coconut Cream
- 2-3 whole boneless skinless breasts
- 10-12 large corn or gluten-free flour tortillas
- Cook the chicken first: place trimmed chicken breasts on oiled cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Cool oven down to 350 degrees.
- Mix salsa verde and chiles with chicken pieces in a large bowl.
- Grease a glass baking dish (approximately 9x13 inches).
- Spread several spoonfuls of chicken mixture and small handful of cheese in each tortilla. Roll them up and place next to one another in baking dish.
- Pour coconut cream all over top of rolled tortillas. Sprinkle any remaining cheese and additional green chiles (if you like) on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by two separate enchilada recipes in a church cookbook that I own.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Baked “Fried” Squash
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Cheese Grits
Gluten-Free Flour Mix Recipe
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten-Free Homemade “Larabars”
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.