This post may contain affiliate links.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Ham & Cheese Strata is a great dish for Christmas morning, all the prep work is done at night and you can bake it while you open gifts! It is also a great way to use leftover ham too! We love this one dish breakfast recipe.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Ham & Cheese Strata
- 4 pieces of gluten-free bread cubed
- 8 slices gluten-free nitrate-free Canadian bacon slices; cut into 1-inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded Daiya cheese casein and gluten-free
- 4 large eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine bread cubes and Canadian bacon in the baking dish; sprinkle cheese over top.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add almond milk and seasonings, beating on low until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator and let stand while the oven preheats.
- Uncover casserole and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until browned.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from a similar one in "Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook" by Cooking Light magazine.