Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Ham & Cheese Strata is a great dish for Christmas morning, all the prep work is done at night and you can bake it while you open gifts! It is also a great way to use leftover ham too! We love this one dish breakfast recipe.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Ham & Cheese Strata
- 4 pieces of gluten-free bread cubed
- 8 slices gluten-free nitrate-free Canadian bacon slices; cut into 1-inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded Daiya cheese casein and gluten-free
- 4 large eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine bread cubes and Canadian bacon in the baking dish; sprinkle cheese over top.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add almond milk and seasonings, beating on low until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator and let stand while the oven preheats.
- Uncover casserole and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until browned.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Gluten Free Desserts:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.