Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Morning Glory Muffins are a great way to start your morning! Sneaking in a few carrots and almonds is a great way to get started too! I hope you enjoy this gluten free, casein free version as much as I do that is also low in sugar. I love being able to send my family off with a healthy breakfast treat! Be sure to try these muffins that are really a meal – an easy breakfast treat that full of goodies and low in sugar.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Morning Glory Muffins
Muffins that are really a meal - an easy breakfast treat that full of goodies and low in sugar.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 3/4 tsp konjac powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz 24 muffin cups with cooking spray. Place a paper liner in each.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla on medium for 1 minute.
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat until just combined, but don't overmix!
- Add carrots, coconut, raisins and the almonds.
- Spoon batter into liners, filling each about half-full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
The original recipe that inspired me to make these tasty muffins was "Morning Glory Muffins" in Dash (a cooking insert in my local newspaper).
Gluten Free Desserts:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.