Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Pineapple Marinated Steak with Potato Salad pairs sweet with spicy in a fresh way. This is a recipe where each item alone is tasty, but eaten together they compliment each other beautifully! This is a delicious dinner that the whole family will love!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Pineapple Marinated Steak with Potato Salad
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari sauce this is gluten-free soy sauce
- dash Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1 pound new potatoes about 10, quartered
- 12 oz green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free bottled salsa verde (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine pineapple juice, tamari, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add steak and turn to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes (can marinate overnight).
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with 1-in of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring the water to a boil.
- Place potatoes in basket, cover, and steam until tender (approx. 12-14 mins.); adding the green beans after 6 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and green beans with the salsa verde and olive oil.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade (discard marinade) and grill, about 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with potatoes and beans, at room temperature.
Gluten Free Desserts:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.