Gluten Free Chicken Pierre is an easy dish with chicken and a tangy, spicy sauce served over gluten-free noodles. My personal favorite is rice noodles. Be sure not to overcook them or they will get mushy. Give this recipe a try! You will be happy that you did!
Gluten-Free Chicken Pierre
- 3 whole large skinless boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ pinch ground black pepper
- 1 ½ - 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 8- oz can of organic tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 dash hot sauce like Tapatio
- In a shallow dish, combine coconut flour, ½ tsp salt and ground black pepper. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towels.
- In same skillet, add tomato paste, water, brown sugar, vinegar, and worcestershire sauce.
- Season with ¼ tsp salt, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve with gluten-free noodles.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.