I love this recipe for Gluten Free Corn Bread. It tastes wonderful, even my son loved this corn bread. There is nothing better than Southern comfort food! I love when I can find a nice moist and tasty recipe to place one of my traditional recipes. Be sure to give it a try soon!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt) together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt the one tablespoon of butter in a 10 inch cast-iron skillet or 8/9 inch round baking pan in the oven.
- This takes about three minutes.
- Swirl the butter around the pan coating the bottom and sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and ¼ cup butter.
- Add this mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet or baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.