There is nothing better than gluten free cornbread. I love this recipe that you can make in a pan! So easy and there is a full cup of corn in it! I love sneaking in a veggie when I can 🙂 Be sure to give this recipe a try! You will be happy you did! You can use canned corn or fresh corn for this recipe. I like to serve this at dinner. My Grandparents always ate cornbread with a class of milk for a leftover treat the next day. What is your favorite way to enjoy it?
Gluten Free Cornbread
A delicious bread to enjoy with your dinner.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, rice milk, oil and vinegar. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; stir in corn.
Transfer to an 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan or round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf (6 slices).
Always read ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use.