Trust me you will think these Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Scalloped Potatoes actually have a wonderful cream sauce on them! If you add some diced ham and it can easily be a main dish. My family and friends LOVE the holidays when I prepare this amazing side dish recipe!
This recipe is perfect for Easter! It is a creamy and delicious side dish for any holiday. I hope you enjoy the flavor profile as much we do!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2 lbs red potatoes skins on or off (your choice)
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 14- oz can of chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free mayonaise I use Trader Joe's
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Slice potatoes about 1/4-inch thick; place in bowl of cold water so they won't turn brown.
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until they are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the potato slices and cooked onions in your prepared baking dish.
- Using the same saucepan, melt the 3 Tbsp of coconut oil and whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the broth. Add the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and continue to whisk until sauce is thick and bubbly (looks like a thick cheese sauce).
- Pour the sauce evenly over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle paprika lightly across the top of the dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.