I love these Gluten Free Date Snowball Cookies. They are so easy to prepare and the secret ingredient is Rice Krispies! If you have a gluten free guest or family member coming for the holidays they will be delighted with these delicious cookies.
Date Cookies are a family tradition at our house. My Mom created this recipe by adapting several recipes that she found into her favorite. I love serving them in individual mini cupcake papers as shown above. Perfect for the holidays and festive too!
Gluten Free Rice Krispies Balls
- 1 8 ounce package dates, pitted, hand chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 2 cups gluten free Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered Sugar
- Combine dates, sugar, beaten egg and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pecans, coconut, vanilla and Rice Krispies.
- Stir until blended, and cool slightly.
- Form into 1-inch balls with greased hands, and roll each in powdered sugar to coat. Chill before serving and store in refrigerator.