I love these Gluten Free Date Snowball Cookies. They are so easy to prepare and the secret ingredient is Rice Krispies! If you have a gluten free guest or family member coming for the holidays they will be delighted with these delicious cookies.
Date Cookies are a family tradition at our house. My Mom created this recipe by adapting several recipes that she found into her favorite. I love serving them in individual mini cupcake papers as shown above. Perfect for the holidays and festive too!
Gluten Free Rice Krispies Balls
Gluten Free Date Snowball Cookies are so easy to prepare and the secret ingredient is Rice Krispies!
- 1 8 ounce package dates, pitted, hand chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 2 cups gluten free Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered Sugar
- Combine dates, sugar, beaten egg and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pecans, coconut, vanilla and Rice Krispies.
- Stir until blended, and cool slightly.
- Form into 1-inch balls with greased hands, and roll each in powdered sugar to coat. Chill before serving and store in refrigerator.