I love these Gluten Free Date Snowball Cookies. They are so easy to prepare, and the secret ingredient is Rice Krispies! If you have a gluten free guest or family member coming for the holidays they will be delighted with these delicious cookies.
Date Cookies are a family tradition at our house. My Mom created this recipe by adapting several recipes that she found into her favorite. I love serving them in individual mini cupcake papers as shown above. Perfect for the holidays and festive too!
I love how they look like little snowballs. Best of all you can dress up the color of your platter with the mini cupcake holders which are perfect for individually serving the cookie.
I hope you enjoy this easy Gluten Free Date Snowball Cookies recipe.
Gluten Free Date Snowball Cookies
- 1 8 oz package dates, pitted, hand chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 2 cups gluten free Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package Powdered Sugar
- Combine dates, sugar, beaten egg and butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pecans, coconut, vanilla and Rice Krispies.
- Stir until blended, and cool slightly.
- Form into 1-inch balls with greased hands, and roll each in powdered sugar to coat. Chill before serving and store in refrigerator.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.