Gluten Free Flank Steak Pesto Rollups are delicious! An easy way to give your steak a lot of extra flavor! The pesto sauce really makes the dish. I love serving it with potato wedges and green beans.
This is a delicious low carb entree that the whole family will love. It is also Keto Friendly! Of course if you are eating low carb you will need to change your side dish. If you have never made homemade Pesto before don't worry because it is not hard to prepare.
Flank Steak Pesto Rollups perfect for when you are hosting company! You can prep it prior to their arrival and cook when you are ready to serve. I hope you enjoy this tasty entree as much as we did.
Gluten Free Flank Steak Pesto Rollups
- For the Pesto -
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated pecorino cheese optional
- 4 Tbsp boiling hot water
- 1-1 1/2 lbs of beef flank steak
- Place basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Remove to a bowl.
- Stir in the cheeses (if using).
- Add 4 Tbsp boiling hot water to sauce and stir to combine.
- Cut steak into strips about 2-3 inches wide. Lay them out on a plate, then top each steak strip with some pesto sauce.
- Roll up the meat, starting at the smaller end. Put toothpick through center to keep meat rollup together.
- Place on a medium-hot grill for about 3 minutes. Turn the roll over, cook another 3 minutes or until done to your satisfaction.
- Remove and serve with the side of your choice.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.