I love fried chicken. It is Southern Comfort food for me at its finest. I think that fried chicken is one thing that I grieved the most once going gluten free. There is no need to grieve for fried chicken anymore! This recipe for Gluten-Free Fried Chicken is perfection! It is light and crispy and replaces that missing comfort food for me. In fact, this is the perfect delicious treat on a summer night.
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten Free Fried Chicken is a delicious treat!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2-3 lb broiler-fryer chicken cut up
- Coconut Oil
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat coconut oil (about 1/4-inch deep) in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook chicken in oil until light brown on all sides, about 10-15 minutes (depending on size of piece); reduce heat.
- Cover skillet tightly and simmer, turning once or twice until thickest pieces are done; about 35 minutes more.
- Note: if you can't cover the skillet, add 1-2 Tbsp of water.
- Remove cover during last 5 minutes to crisp chicken.
Recipe inspired from Fried Chicken recipe in "Betty Crocker's Cookbook (1986 edition)".
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.