This post may contain affiliate links.
I love fried chicken. It is Southern Comfort food for me at its finest. I think that fried chicken is one thing that I grieved the most once going gluten free. There is no need to grieve for fried chicken anymore! This recipe for Gluten-Free Fried Chicken is perfection! It is light and crispy and replaces that missing comfort food for me. In fact, this is the perfect delicious treat on a summer night.
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten Free Fried Chicken is a delicious treat!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2-3 lb broiler-fryer chicken cut up
- Coconut Oil
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat coconut oil (about 1/4-inch deep) in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook chicken in oil until light brown on all sides, about 10-15 minutes (depending on size of piece); reduce heat.
- Cover skillet tightly and simmer, turning once or twice until thickest pieces are done; about 35 minutes more.
- Note: if you can't cover the skillet, add 1-2 Tbsp of water.
- Remove cover during last 5 minutes to crisp chicken.
Recipe inspired from Fried Chicken recipe in "Betty Crocker's Cookbook (1986 edition)".