There is nothing better than Gluten Free Lemon Bread. It is perfect for breakfast, brunch or for dessert. It is perfect for breakfast or an afternoon coffee or tea break. I love to serve it with lemon curd, jam or even clotted cream. This recipe freezes well too! Perfect for company or yourself with hot tea or coffee.
Gluten Free Lemon Bread
- 1 cup organic vegetable shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs beaten
- grated rind and juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Put all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from "Lemon Drizzle Loaf" in Great Gluten-Free Baking by Louise Blair.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.