This Gluten-Free Nectarine BBQ Sauce is an easy, homemade barbecue sauce that is perfect for your holiday get-together. Best of all it pairs nicely with chicken, pork or fish. It really is an all purpose sauce that kicks up the flavor of any protein that you pair it with. I hope you enjoy the sweet taste as much as I do.
Gluten-Free Nectarine BBQ Sauce
- 2 peeled and chopped nectarines
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free ketchup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- Combine all ingredients into a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree mixture in blender in 2 batches. (Be careful to hold your lid on with a potholder as mixture is HOT!)
- Store well-sealed in refrigerator.
Recipe from: "Melissa's Everyday Cooking with Organic Produce" by Cathy Thomas.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.