Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie is a great side dish or meal! Of course you can't go wrong with potatoes and bacon. You can serve this with salad or veggies and gluten free bread for a complete meal. It is great with leftover mashed potatoes too!
I like to cook my bacon in the oven because it reduces the fat and the clean up. Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie is a delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy. You can't go wrong with bacon! This dish works equally well for either breakfast or dinner!
Gluten Free Potato Bacon Pie
- 4 cups cooked mashed potato
- 1/2 cup coconut milk the type in the carton
- Full package of nitrate-free bacon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice potatoes; boil for approximately 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Saute bacon until crispy; pat dry of grease. Then, cut into small pieces or crumble by hand.
- Mash potatoes with hand masher or large fork.
- Put the potato, pepper, salt, coconut milk, and bacon in large bowl and mix well.
- Spread potato mixture evenly into the pie pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top has become lightly browned.
Gluten Free Recipes:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.