This post may contain affiliate links.
We recently traveled to Brentwood, TN for a weekend soccer tournament with my son. He plays for a Kings Hammer Academy team which means he is on his first travel team. We used TripAdvisor.com when we were planning our trip so that we could check out hotels and dining options. Did you know that TripAdvisor has restaurant reviews too? It is my go to for travel planning.
We found an amazing option for Breakfast called The Puffy Muffin. Based on the reviews we decided to give it a try and I have to say that hands down it was our favorite place that we dined on the trip. First of all it is the first time in 4 years that I was able to order Gluten Free French Toast while dining out AND not only that but it was Sour Dough Bread! I kept asking the server repeatedly if she was SURE it was gluten free, because it was THAT good.
Once I got home I couldn’t get that Gluten Free French Toast off of my mind that I enjoyed at Puffy Muffin. I decided to recreate the recipe here at home and my entire family was thrilled that I did! I used Ener-G Select™ Gluten Free Bread Sourdough White Bread for this recipe.
Cinnamon French Toast
- 14 slices of bread
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Heat griddle to 350.
- Mix together milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and make sure to coat both sides.
- Place on griddle.
- Cook 3-4 minutes then flip over.
- Cook 3-4 minutes and place on plate.
- Serve with warm syrup.
Makes 14 slices.
TripAdvisor® is the world’s largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. If you are planning a vacation it is a great resource. What I love is that REAL people are giving their personal reviews. This helps me when I am planning a trip because I can use this free resource and it gives me insight before I make a reservation. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with links to booking that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices.
TripAdvisor sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 375 million unique monthly visitors, and more than 250 million reviews and opinions including more than 5.2 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. This is such a useful tool when it comes to researching your vacation and dining choices. I always use TripAdvisor before I book a trip a hotel, B&B or make a dining reservation. I don’t want to waste my money so I like to be able to read the authentic reviews before I book.
5 Reasons Why We Use TripAdvisor:
1. TripAdvisor has more than 38 million candid traveler photos. This is AWESOME because it is REAL traveler reviews and images that can help you in your selection process.
2. Travelers’ Choice awards for Restaurants honor the top restaurants spots worldwide based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travelers. Award winners are determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants
worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
3. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers.
4. TripAdvisor offers planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices.
5. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 375 million unique monthly visitors, and more than 250 million reviews and opinions covering more than 5.2 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide.
If you are looking for some AMAZING dining destinations you will want to check out the newly released TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice award winning restaurants for 2015. I would gladly dine at ANY or ALL of these restaurants!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.