I decided to try Gluten Free Rice Krispies. I am a HUGE fan of regular Rice Krispies so I was interested to see how I would like the Gluten Free version. I am sad to say that I am NOT a fan of the Gluten Free version. They did not have the same taste or consistency at all. I am going to have to give Gluten Free Rice Krispies two thumbs down for breakfast cereal.
However, I didn't want the box to go to waste so I decided to make Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats with them and was THRILLED that neither my son or I could tell the difference! So I would not use them for breakfast but I would use them to make treats!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine*
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows*
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows*
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Gluten Free cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES Gluten Free cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- *Since product formulations vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.