I could not help myself! I had to post this Gooey Chocolate Cookie Bars recipe! I was checking my e-mail and there it was, staring me in the face saying, MAKE ME!! I was looking for some different things to make for our weekend snack and this looks perfect! We do not snack during the week but we usually have a weekend snack! This would be a great recipe to make with leftover Halloween candy too!
Gooey Chocolate Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- Vegetable oil water and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 1 jar 7-oz. marshmallow crème
- 8 Oreos coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup miniature M&Ms
- Heat oven to 350°F. Make cookie mix as directed on package, using oil, water and egg. Spread dough in ungreased 13 x9-inch pan. Bake 10 minutes just until dough is set.
- Meanwhile, heat jar of marshmallow crème in microwave uncovered on Low 30 seconds; spread over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with chopped cookies and chocolate candies.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.