This post may contain affiliate links.
Grandma’s Chicken Stew Recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods of all time! My whole family loves this dish and I make sure to include it on our monthly menu every month, especially during winter. I will warn you that this recipe will have you hooked once you take your first bite!
The homemade chicken stew tastes out of this world good. They are so easy to make, so do not fret and think you can not do it. With a few ingredients you can whip up the dumplings and then spoon into the pot. It really is that simple! Next time you have a craving for some Grandma’s Chicken Stew Recipe be sure to try this recipe!
Grandma's Chicken Stew Recipe
Grandma's Chicken Stew Recipe is a family favorite comfort meal!
- 1 whole chicken cut up or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 can 14 oz chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp chicken bullion
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups prepared rice
- Combine chicken, celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth, parsley, chicken bullion, salt and pepper in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Remove skin from chicken and tear meat from bones.
- Return meat to soup; return to simmer.
- Prepare the rice while chicken stew is simmering.
- Serve chicken stew with rice and enjoy.