Grape Salad is a favorite side dish at our house! I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. It is light and perfect for any holiday.
Grape Salad is so easy to prepare and inexpensive especially when grapes are on sale. You can't go wrong with this delicious combination of sweet and salty with the crunch of the grapes. You can toast your pecans if you desire and that really steps up the final product.
To prepare beat together the sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar (or Splenda) until creamy. Fold in grapes (cut in half if they are over sized).
Mix together the topping which is finely chopped pecans and brown sugar Spread the grape salad in a 13 x 9 dish or glass bowl and sprinkle with topping or serve in individual cups and sprinkle mixture over. Chill overnight for up to 24 hours and serve.
This is a naturally gluten free recipe which you know I love! You can substitute granola for the nuts for those with nut allergies. My husband is not a fan of fruit salad at all and he loves this grape salad. It is a family favorite at potlucks and holidays.
It is sweet enough to serve as dessert too! I like to make it with a combination of red and green seedless grapes because I think it looks more festive. Regardless of what you use the taste is out of this world.
This recipe is so delicious and perfect for summer picnics and parties! We always make this for every holiday!
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar or Splenda
- 8 cups seedless grapes I like a mix or green and red grapes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat together the sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla and Splenda/Sugar until creamy
- Fold in grapes (cut in half if they are over sized)
- Mix together for topping the finely chopped pecans and brown sugar
- Spread the grape salad in a 13 x 9 dish or bowl and sprinkle with topping or serve in individual cups and sprinkle mixture over.
- Chill overnight for up to 24 hours and serve.