Check out this recipe for Grapefruit Vinegar Cleaner. I love the effectiveness of cleaning with vinegar and that it is a natural cleaner. My husband is not a huge fan of the smell of vinegar. I can spray areas and know that it is not harmful to my children.
Grapefruit Vinegar Cleaner:
I clean the bathrooms, doorknobs and kitchen counters and I even mop with vinegar. There is always a bottle under my sink with vinegar in it.
When we posted the idea to steep orange peels in vinegar and make it smell better -- I couldn't resist trying it with grapefruit too. After a week of steeping the peels in the vinegar, the grapefruit peels did work. It turned the vinegar into a sweet-smelling cleaner.
Grapefruit Vinegar Cleaner
- 1, 16- ounce canning jar any glassed lidded jar will work
- 1 grapefruit peels only
- vinegar to cover
- 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil optional
- Put the grapefruit peels inside the jar. Pour vinegar in the jar to cover the peels and put the lid on tightly.
- Add 2 drops of essential oils if desired.
- Store in the pantry for two weeks, then transfer the vinegar to a spray bottle and use for all your cleaning purposes!
Be sure to check out these other Frugal posts:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.