This post may contain affiliate links.
Check out this recipe for Grapefruit Vinegar Cleaner. I love the effectiveness of cleaning with vinegar and that it is a natural cleaner. My husband is not a huge fan of the smell of vinegar. I can spray areas and know that it is not harmful to my children. I clean the bathrooms, doorknobs and kitchen counters and I even mop with vinegar. There is always a bottle under my sink with vinegar in it.
When Stephanie posted the idea to steep orange peels in vinegar and make it smell better — I couldn’t resist trying it with grapefruit too. After a week of steeping the peels in the vinegar, the grapefruit peels did work. It turned the vinegar into a sweet smelling cleaner.
Grapefruit Vinegar Cleaner
- 1, 16- ounce canning jar any glassed lidded jar will work
- 1 grapefruit peels only
- vinegar to cover
- 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil optional
- Put the grapefruit peels inside the jar. Pour vinegar in the jar to cover the peels and put the lid on tightly.
- Add 2 drops of essential oils if desired.
- Store in the pantry for two weeks, then transfer the vinegar to a spray bottle and use for all your cleaning purposes!
Be sure to check out these other Frugal posts: