Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken is a delicious low fat and healthy choice for lunch or dinner. We love to have this in the summer on a bed of brown rice or quinoa. It even makes for a yummy topping to a huge salad. This is a Paleo recipe too!
Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken is the perfect bite! Prepared easily on the grill. If you don’t want to grill it you can simply brown it in a skillet or bake it in the oven. Regardless of how you choose to prepare it each and every bite is delicious!
Grilled Chile-Lime Chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeño chile seeded, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sugar splenda or honey
- To make marinade, in shallow glass or plastic dish, or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Gluten Free Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.