1 lb whole smoked kielbasa
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons bottled horseradish, drained
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
fresh ground black pepper
1 head boston lettuce, torn into small pieces
2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 crusty French rolls (about 6 inches long)
Set grill to medium heat.
- In a blender or food processor blend the olive oil with the next 7 ingredients until emulsified; toss the lettuce leaves with about HALF of the vinaigrette and reserve the remainder to brush on the buns.
- Grill tops and bottoms of the buns on a lightly oiled grill rack (about 2 minutes per side; transfer cut-sides up to a platter or plate.
- Brush the cut sides of the top halves with remaining vinaigrette.
- On the bottom halves divide/mound the coated lettuce leaves.
- Cut the kielbasa sausage crosswise into 4 long sections, then half each section lengthwise (you may trim off the outside skin before grilling if desired).
- Grill the sausage slices on a lightly oiled grill rack about 3-4 minutes turning over once during cooking.
- Arrange 2 pieces of grilled sausage over the lettuce (2 pieces per sandwich) then top with sliced tomatoes (season the tomatoes with salt and pepper).
- Cover with top half of the rolls.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.