This post may contain affiliate links.
I love this Groundhog Day Cookie! February 2nd is Groundhog Day! To celebrate you may want to make these cute Groundhog Day Cookies. My husband loves traditional no bake cookies. With just a simple tootsie roll and some icing you turn them into these cute Groundhog Day treats! I wonder if Phil will see is shadow or not?
Groundhog Day Cookie
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- tootsie rolls
- white and black icing
- Mix in pan: Sugar, Cocoa, Milk, Butter, Salt.
- Heat to boiling on medium heat.
- Take off stove and let it cool for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla extract, peanut butter, and oatmeal. - Stir well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper and let cool
- Use a tootsie roll and mold the ears for form a "groundhog"
- Then use icing for the face.
Thanks to my friend Kim Webster for this image and idea!
Other Fun Recipes: