My sister called me last Halloween cracking up! Usually I am the creator of recipes but she outdid herself this time! She told me she has the perfect way to serve our Spinach Dip! We call it Halloween Pumpkin UpChuck!
This is the perfect time to carve your little pumpkin and have a great party plate and decoration! You can carve out any face you want on the pumpkin but I love this sick looking face! Perfect for the name of Halloween Pumpkin UpChuck!
This recipe for Spinach Dip is not complicated at all! One of the greatest things about this recipe is it travels well! Plus as an added bonus you can make it ahead of time. I always make it the day or night before I need it. My sister added some diced tomatoes to her recipe. The great thing about creating is you can change a recipe any way you want it!
Hope you enjoy this fun recipe this Halloween! Have a safe and Happy Halloween!
Halloween Pumpkin UpChuck
- 2 boxes 10 oz Frozen spinach leaves, chopped (do not use fresh, frozen only)
- 1 c Real mayonnaise do not substitute with miracle whip
- 1 whole envelope onion soup mix powder (from 2 oz. box)
- 1 16 oz Container sour cream
- 2 Cans 8 oz. each water chestnuts (chopped or diced)
- 3 tbsp Green onions finely chopped
- 1 package Sourdough bread, Triscuits, or club crackers
- 1 small pumpkin carved
- Soak both packages of frozen spinach in warm water to defrost.
- Drain spinach well. Ring out spinach like a wet towel to squeeze out excess juice, with hands.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and mix in sour cream, onion soup packet, mayo, green onion and water chestnuts. You may add as much mayo and/or sour cream to satisfy your taste. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2-4 hrs)
- Decorate on a plate with your carved pumpkin and dippers of choice.
- Serve & enjoy!
Check out our other Special Halloween Treats!
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.