This post may contain affiliate links.
Holiday Sugar Cookies are super easy to make and delicious to eat! I made these sugar cookies with my four year old son and we had a blast together. He loved rolling the sugar cookie dough into balls and then rolling them in the colored sugar. I will defiantly be making these again on Christmas break with all my boys and I will also make some Crockpot Hot Cocoa for us to enjoy with the cookies!
These Holiday Sugar Cookies would be perfect for a How the Grinch Stole Christmas Party too!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Holiday Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- colored sugar or sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, then roll into colored sugar or sprinkles and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to enjoy these other Cookie recipes: