Homemade Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe is such a great comfort meal for me. It warms my soul and fills my belly. I feel like I get a great fulfilling meal when I have this delicious soup. This recipe comes from one of my best friends, Christina. She loves to cook from scratch and make tasty meals for her family. Like me she has a large family, so she likes to make large batches to be able to feed everyone and have leftovers for lunch. I love to pack this for my lunch and heat it up. Be sure to try it!
For this recipe you may already have everything in your kitchen, except maybe the fresh broccoli. But if you happen to have frozen broccoli you can use that too. Just cook a few minutes longer. When I make this tasty Homemade Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe I like to serve a loaf of bread like french bread or crescent rolls. Be sure to try this yummy soup recipe soon, you will not be disappointed!
Homemade Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups fresh broccoli chopped
- 1 whole carrot shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Saute one onion in a skillet.
- Make a rue in a large pot by starting with ½ cup butter melted, then add ½ cup flour, cook about 3 min stirring constantly.
- Next add in chicken broth to rue slowly making sure to stir constantly.
- Add in 2 cups milk; Stirring constantly (If this becomes too liquidy you can make a second rue and add it in).
- Once you have that cream soup base, add onions, fresh broccoli, shredded carrot, and garlic.
- Salt to taste if desired.
- Cook until broccoli is soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and let it melt in the soup.
- Sprinkle in bacon and serve.
More Soup Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.