This post may contain affiliate links.
If your family loves brownies you are going to love this homemade recipe for homemade brownie mix! My son LOVES brownies. I feel like I am making them once a week for him. With this homemade brownie mix recipe I am able to KNOW what is in the mix! I love that! I used to be able to stockpile brownie mix for free but I haven’t been doing that now that I found this recipe.
It could easily be adapted to gluten free and dairy free too! I have included that version for you too. I like to make these homemade brownie mixes up in bulk so that they are ready to go when we are! They would be great as a gift too in a mason jar with a cute tag attached.
Homemade Brownie Mix
This DIY Brownie Mix is perfect for gift giving!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
Liquid ingredients for Brownies:
- 1 cup melted butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- **Gluten Free** Use your favorite gluten free flour mix in place of the all purpose flour and add 1 tsp xanthum gum
- **Dairy Free** Use dairy free margarine instead of butter
- **Vegan** Replace the eggs with 1 tablespoon of ground Flax Seed per egg mixed with enough water to have a loose paste and the butter/margarine with your favorite vegan spread.
Dry Mix Directions:
Mix ingredients together and place in a jar or air tight container.
To Prepare Brownies:
Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Grease a 9×13 pan.
Spread batter evenly and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until done.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: