Do your children love chicken nuggets as much as my boys??? My boys would eat chicken nuggets everyday if I would let them. It can be costly to buy them at the store so I decided to try and make my own. These were a huge success with the boys and took no time at all to make. I served them with Homemade Sweet Potato Fries.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets are my favorite lunch to make for my kids. They love it and I love knowing that it is made with fresh ingredients.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- 16 oz 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes.
- Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.