Did you know you can make your own Homemade Chocolate Syrup? It is true and oh so yummy! Homemade Chocolate Syrup requires only 5 ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now! When I came across this recipe I was shocked to know I had all the ingredients in my kitchen but yet I had been buying store bought chocolate syrup for my kiddos all this time. Well I can say from now on I will be making the chocolate syrup to put in their milk to make chocolate milk!
Making your own Homemade chocolate syrup would be perfect for Fun Chocolate Milk too!
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Did you know you can make your own Homemade Chocolate Syrup? It is true and oh so yummy! Make your own chocolate syrup for less!
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and water.
- Continue to whisk until boiling.
- Continue boiling until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- The mix will be thin, but will thicken as it cools.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight glass container or plastic squeeze bottle.
- Syrup will keep for up to one month in the fridge.
Check out these other Homemade recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.