Did you know you can make your own Homemade Chocolate Syrup? This easy recipe requires only 5 ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now!
It is true and oh so yummy! When I came across this recipe I was shocked to know I had all the ingredients in my kitchen. This is when I decided to give it a try. I buy store bought chocolate syrup for my kiddos all this time. Well I can say from now on I will be making my own chocolate syrup to put in their milk to make chocolate milk.
Best of all when you are out of chocolate syrup it is good to know you can you can make your own. It is a money saver.
Making your own Homemade chocolate syrup would be perfect for Fun Chocolate Milk too!
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and water.
- Continue to whisk until boiling.
- Continue boiling until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- The mix will be thin, but will thicken as it cools.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight glass container or plastic squeeze bottle.
- Syrup will keep for up to one month in the fridge.
Check out these other Homemade recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.