This post may contain affiliate links.
If you are a coffee fanatic you are going to LOVE this Homemade Coffee Syrup Recipe! It is a HUGE money saver! If you enjoy flavored syrups and expensive coffee house coffee this is a great way to save your self some cash and still enjoy the flavor at home. I decided to make these flavored syrups because I was hosting a DIY Coffee House for a group of local bloggers. I am so glad I did! They were easy to make and everyone enjoyed them. Best of all they are going to save me a bundle of money! I made a simple sugar syrup and then flavored them based on what I wanted to serve.
I picked up some glass olive oil bottles at Kroger on sale for only a couple of dollars however I have seen them for sale on Amazon.com and at the local Dollar Store too! I found a package of chalkboard labels on a clearance shelf at the local craft store for only $.50. I think these syrups would make a lovely DIY gift for the coffee lover in your life too!
Homemade Coffee Syrup Recipe
You won't need to go to the coffee house again once you make this Homemade Coffee Syrup Recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Caramel Syrup: 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Peppermint Syrup: 20 peppermint candies or 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Vanilla Syrup: 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Place sugar and water into a heavy saucepan
- Bring to gentle boil, stirring often.
- Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely before pouring into a container (I used a funnel).
- Caramel Syrup: add caramel sauce after water comes to a boil.
- Peppermint Syrup: add peppermints with water and sugar or peppermint oil.
- Vanilla Syrup: add vanilla after water comes to a boil.
Best of all you could create ANY flavor your heart desires with this basic syrup recipe. Smucker’s Brand makes a variety of varieties that you could use from Dark Chocolate to Chocolate Coconut. Your coffee syrups should be shaken slightly before being used and I choose to store mine in the fridge to be safe. Depending on the flavor you choose they can be kept on the counter. You can add as much or as little syrup as you want to your coffee and have fun creating flavor profiles that you enjoy!