This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade Lasagna is a such a great pasta dinner recipe! My husband loves pasta and lasagna is one of his favorites. I have tried and tried many recipes trying to get one that he loves. I finally find it with this recipe. It is homemade from the tomato sauce to the creamy cheese filling. You will not be disappointed in this amazing Homemade Lasagna recipe!
I love to make this recipe for Sunday dinner or when we have Family Game Night. The whole family loves it. I love to serve Garlic Breadsticks or crusty garlic bread along with it. Sometimes I add a nice big salad too.
Homemade Lasagna is a such a great pasta dinner recipe! The sauce is made from scratch and the creamy filling is too good!
- 1 package 16 ounce, lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can 8 ounce, tomato sauce
- 1 can 28 ounce, crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.