Homemade Orange Marmalade is perfect for toast, bagels and pairing with afternoon tea. Orange Marmalade is one of my favorites but it can be a bit pricey to buy at the store, so I decided to make my own and I have to say I prefer it over the store bought.
Plus, I like knowing the ingredients are fresh and good for my family and myself. I put my marmalade on a bagel with cream cheese and it was a perfect breakfast paired with my coffee! Of course it always reminds me of Paddington Bear when I enjoy it with a cup of tea which makes me smile.
I hope you enjoy this easy homemade recipe for Orange Marmalade. It is Paddington approved. 😉
Homemade Orange Marmalade
- 4 whole oranges
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- Wash fruit, cut in half, remove seeds and stem end.
- Slice very thin or grind fine.
- For every cup of fruit, add 1-½ cups water.
- Let stand overnight.
- Pour into heavy kettle and cook slowly for 1 to 2 hours; or until tender.
- Let sit overnight again.
- For each cup of fruit, add 1 cup of white sugar and cook 20 minutes or until mixture sheets from the side of a spoon.
- The "sheet test" is when a spoon filled with jelly (in this case marmalade) is tilted, two drips poured from the side of a spoon flow together as one.
- Pour into hot, sterilized glasses and seal.
Check out these other amazing recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.