Homemade Philly Cheesesteaks are simple to make but they are full of flavor and will fill you up. Making these a great, hearty meal. With only a few ingredients in this recipe I found it to be so tasty and will definitely be making this again!
All you need is steak strips (or you could buy a steak ad cut your self, but I think it is much easier with pre sliced), one large sweet onion, shredded provolone cheese and hoagie buns. In some other recipes I came across you can also use bell peppers and mushrooms, but my boys are not fans so I left them out.
Start by cooking the steak and chopped onion together in a large skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper. Once cooked thoroughly add the meat mixture to hoagie and sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven and let them heat until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy the Homemade Philly Cheesesteaks, you will not be disappointed!
Homemade Philly Cheesesteaks
- 1 to 2 lb steak strips
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 to 1 ½ cup shredded provolone cheese
- dash salt and pepper to season
- 4 buns hoagie
- Preaheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook steak and onions, about 7-8 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble cheesesteaks: open hoagie bun and add in ¼ of meat filling then top with ¼ of cheese, repeat until all hoagies are filled.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Homemade Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.