Homemade Pumpkin Roll is a delicious treat that my family loves to indulge in on the holidays. Pumpkin Roll is a dessert that I absolutely love and it makes a great gift too.
I love to make 3 or 4 rolls at a time so that I can hand out some to my neighbors, friends or the boy's teachers at Christmas time. With each roll I can cut it into 4 sections for four different neighbors and friends. Our neighbors enjoy receiving their Homemade Pumpkin Roll every year.
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make pumpkin roll - preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a jelly roll with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl until combined.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick.
- Add in vanilla and pumpkin puree. and beat until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake over onto a towel lined with powered sugar.
- Carefully pull off parchment paper.
- Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end.
- Cool on wire rack.
- When ready to add filling, carefully unroll cake and remove the towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake.
- Immediately re-roll cake and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- To make cream cheese mixture - In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- If it is too thick, add a half teaspoon or two of water.
More Dessert Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.