Homemade Turkey Sloppy Joe's Recipe is a family favorite dinner in my house. This meal is quick and can be prepared in 30 minutes. I need quick and easy dinner recipes for our meals when school is back in full swing after the holidays throughout the week. So if you are busy and and need a quick and simple meal then this is the meal for you! Plus it is healthier for you.
Here's a menu planning tip --> I like to cook my ground turkey with onions when I get it at the store and freeze it so it saves time when preparing my meals. For this meal I had frozen ground turkey that I had reheated int he skillet with the green pepper. I pulled it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight and it was ready to use when it came dinner time. I just put it in the skillet and heated it up and followed the rest of the recipe! Huge time saver!
Homemade Turkey Sloppy Joe's Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- dash salt to taste
- dash ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with the onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids if any.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve on lettuce wrap or bun and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other Meals that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.