Have you ever wondered how people make those beautiful meringue topped pies? My friend Lynette is always my go to when it comes to baking. She sure can bake an amazing pie! When I asked her How To Create A Meringue Topping she pointed me in the right direction!
How To Create A Meringue Topping
- 3 Egg Whites
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tarter
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tarter at medium speed of electric mixer. Beat for 1 minute of until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed of electric mixer about 4 minutes more or until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks, and sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately spread meringue over pie, carefully sealing to edge of pastry to prevent shrinkage.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool then cover and chill to store.
This 3-egg-shite recipe makes an adequate amount of meringue but you can use extra egg whites. When you do 4-egg-yolk-whites you will have more than enough meringue, just in case you like a think meringue. If you use 4 you will need 1 teaspoon of vanilla, ½ teaspoon cream of tarter, and a ½ sugar. You will need to beat the mixture longer.
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
CREAM CHEESE BANANA PUDDING - This is my all time favorite!! ~Shelley
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.