When I was first diagnosed with Celiac Disease and was suffering from daily gluten attacks I was given several pieces of advice from my chiropractor and friends that I want to share with you.
Of course the best tip is to avoid gluten and cross contamination and you will feel better. However, what happens when you accidentally have a gluten attack? When I was trying to figure out what had gluten in it and what did not I was suffering from gluten attacks nearly every day. Luckily I got better at reading labels and decoding however if I do have a gluten attack or am accidentally glutened I turn to these tips.
How to help a gluten attack:
1. Take up to 4 shots of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar - Pour 1 TBSP of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and mix it with 3 TBSP of water and drink. Followed by a 8 - 16 oz glass of water.
2. Take the juice of one fresh lemon and mix it with 2 quarts of water and drink it over the course of a few hours (not at one time).
3. Slice 1 cucumber and place it in a pitcher with 2 quarts of water. For best results allow the water to chill for 4 hours prior to drinking. Drink as much as you can (not at one time). I like to keep this in my fridge daily.
4. Sip on hot peppermint tea - it will help soothe your stomach.
5. Suck on a peppermint candy.
The day following a gluten attack, I personally try to get an adjustment from my chiropractor, drink as much water and rest. I also continue with up to 4 shots of Bragg's if necessary. Depending on the severity of the gluten attack I may need several adjustments during the next 10 days.
All gluten attacks vary - some are intestinal and some are neurological. Regardless of how your body reacts this can help you. I hope this helps!
I have also found that Essential Oils help me when I am glutened. Read this post for tips!
Disclaimer: I am not a health professional. I share with you my personal experience however I am in no way trying to represent a health care professional.