Are you looking for an Inexpensive Teacher Gift for a great year!! Check out this adorable and easy DIY Chalkboard Planter gift idea! You can include seeds and soil for or fill it with gummy worms for fun 🙂
How to make Chalkboard Planters
- Chalkboard Paint
- Outdoor Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Potting Soil
- Packets of Seeds
- Gummy Worms, Optional
- Card stock for Tags
- Chalk to write names on the pots or Thank You on the pots
- Paint the base of the pot with chalkboard paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint the top rim and base with an outdoor acrylic so it has a sealer already in it because you can't use a spray sealer on chalkboard paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Fill with potting soil.
- Use the base as a lid and tie with twine.
- Add a note with card stock and add seeds.
- $1.50 for the pot and saucer.
- Can of chalk paint was $3.50.
- The outdoor acrylic was $1.20 per color.
- I had the potting soil on hand but it runs around $3.00.
- I purchased seeds for only $.10 a pack (had 11 seeds in packet).
The grand total averaged out to be around $2.00 a gift! This would make a really cute herb garden too! I hope you enjoy this really cute DIY.
Thanks to my friend Tiffany for sharing this idea and her pictures! I am so loving this and will be making my own chalkboard planters for gifts and myself!