I love to make my own strawberry freezer jam! It is a recipe that I always used when I taught Home Economics and one that I still enjoy making every year. This is an easy how to make strawberry freezer jam recipe. I love to pick my own strawberries and then make this every summer! It is a fun activity to get your kids involved in too!
How to make strawberry freezer jam. This is the best recipe to make every summer!
- 5 cups prepared fruit about 2 quarts fully ripe strawberries
- 1 box SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
- 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine optional
- 7 cups sugar measured into separate bowl
- Remove stems and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 5 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
- Stir pectin into prepared fruit in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Allow to cool for 24 hrs. Place in freezer.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: