If you are looking for a delicious alternative to traditional meatloaf, then you will want to check out this recipe for Italian Meatloaf. It was a huge success at our house! My husband really loved the Parmesan Cheese topping!
In fact this recipe made enough for 2 nights of meals which I loved! My husband thought it would make a great meatloaf sandwich too. I like to serve this with Roasted Broccoli and Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole. You could easily adapt this to be gluten free by substituting gluten free bread crumbs.
It would be great made as a Meatloaf In A Muffin Tin. You may want to check out this Instagram Video I made too! Italian Meatloaf Recipe is a delicious twist on the traditional version. Give this a try! I hope you enjoy this version on the traditional classic.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound of ground Italian Sausage
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper Ground
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ground beef, Italian Sausage, bread crumbs, ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning and remaining seasonings in large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan.
- Mix tomato sauce and remaining 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Pour over top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until meat loaf is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Use plastic gloves when you prepare your meatloaf - It really cuts down on the clean up!