Italian Sausage Tomato Basil Rigatoni is a hearty meal the whole family will love. Made with just a few high quality ingredients this is a recipe that you can easily serve at a dinner party or during the week. I love the addition of the fresh basil. You can kick it up a notch by adding some red peeper flakes.
Italian Sausage Tomato Basil Rigatoni
Italian Sausage Tomato Basil Rigatoni is a hearty meal the whole family will love.
- 2 Packages Johnsville Sweet Sausage, Sliced up
- 1 jar Tomato basil sauce
- 1 package Whole wheat rigatoni
- 2 ounces Sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- Grated fresh parmesian
- Fresh basil
- Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- Grill or pan fry sausage until cooked through
- Slice sausage into half inch thick pieces
- Saute mushrooms until tender
- Heat sauce over medium to low heat
- Drain pasta and add desired amount of sauce
- Add mushrooms and sausage throughout pasta
- Garnish with fresh parmesian and two basil leaves
This is an original recipe created by Shelley King of Stockpiling Moms
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.